H&M’s desecration of The Flatiron Building
Thanks to Room 116 for the pointer.
After speaking with the Landmark Preservation Commission, I was informed on 30-March that:
The Department of Buildings issued nine violations for the illegal
advertising banner recently placed on the apex of the historic Flatiron
Building at Madison Square today.
The violations were:
1. Failure to comply with filed plans. Plans called for a 4-foot high
shed and they built it to 8 feet in order to accommodate the Citigroup
2. Sign on surface area is too large.
3. Prohibited advertising sign.
4. Installing advertising sign without a permit.
For the immense sign on the scaffolding:
5. Sign creates hazardous wind load.
6. Prohibited advertising sign on scaffold.
7. Sign exceeds the 40-foot height limit.
8. Surface area for the sign is too large.
9. Failure to get permit from Buildings Department.
AdPulp.com offers an inside look at topical issues in brand communications, plus an eclectic sampling of creative output from around the world.
Return to top of page
Copyright © 2016 AdPulp.com. All Rights Reserved.