“You must make the product interesting, not just make the ad different. And that’s what too many of the copywriters in the U.S. today don’t yet understand.” -Rosser Reeves
This week in advertising an overworked but well paid senior account executive tried the patience of clients (and his employer) with yet another pedantic slideshow. In other news…
- W+K/Portland says, “Every sip of Coca-Cola feels like an AAH.”
- Sid Lee wants interns, and typcially Dis Lee gets what Sid Lee wants.
- Substance in Portland, Oregon is using Instagram to recruit new talent.
- At the SeattleADDYs, Wong Doody won “Best of Show” for their Seattle International Film Fest work.
- This is fun. Discover your first Tweet and/or someone else’s first Tweet.
- Save your thumb and your mind: View as one page (from DavidBurn.com)
- How many beers would the beerchuck chuck if the beerchuck could chuck beer? #MLB #Budweiser
- Chew on this. “Don’t call me, ‘babe,'” Sarah Silverman says to an animated coffee cup.
- FCB/Chicago is movin’ on up to a deluxe Hancock Tower office in the sky.
- Duracell bus shelter in Canada encourages people to hold hands for warmth.
- Skittles is so very strange. Strange is good.
- “Skyrockets in flight, afternoon delight.” Old song. New promotional TV for Taco Bell by Deutsch Inc.
Previously on AdPulp: This Week in Advertising