We’re both in the brand identity game. So, let’s put our heads together on this. The Internet needs an identity refresh.
Please understand that this is #probono work, since there is no real client and no one to bill. We all own the Internet, right? It’s a community garden and thus our undertaking to improve it is a just cause. Plus, our investment of free labor in the future of the Internet’s brand will be noted by a Wikipedia editor.
I won’t bore you by presenting the brief for the reinvented Internet brand, but I know you need a strategy statement of some kind. Here’s one: THE INTERNET HAS A REPUTATION PROBLEM THAT GREAT ADVERTISING CAN HIDE.
Okay, let’s roll. I prepared a list of five headlines to get us moving down a conceptual path.
1. Wear Clean Underwear — All Your Friends Are Watching
2. We Make Millionaires Like Brooklyn Makes Pizza
3. Let Your Internal Cat Video Out To Play
4. Not Spanish Castle Magic, But Pretty Magical
5. Sorry for All The Noise
My friends on Twitter also suggested a few.
6. Now With More Stuff Than Just A Second Ago. (submitted by @iamjoelwayne)
7. Google or be Googled. (submitted by @A_Trev)
8. The Internet. Capitalized for a Reason. (submitted by @stevejerman)
Perhaps you think a tagline-less Internet is acceptable in today’s marketplace of ideas. No. We must place a modifier on it like a crown.
Footnote: This post was conceived on, and for, Twitter. But it also plays on blog-like things.