“We now have countless examples of the success of marketer as media owner,” Bloom says. Then he kindly lists them.
- J&J’s BabyCenter.com had 3.6 million views last month
- P&G’s HomeMadeSimple.com and Pampers.com pulled in close to a million visitors
- P&G is launching its beauty mag, Rouge, to six million Americans next year
- Walmart with its money saving tips on YouTube
- Grey Goose with its entertainment division
- American Express with its small business blog network
- Mountain Dew’s record label
And the list goes on…
If you would, please add to more examples of media as a marketing service to the comments. Thanks.
[UPDATE] Aaron Shapiro, a partner at Huge, writing in Adweek, says he’s aware of five major brands that are making their own media the centerpiece of their digital marketing efforts in 2010. For example, the National Association of Realtors is launching HouseLogic.com next month as a way to communicate to consumers the value of a realtor beyond just buying and selling a home.