Former Wieden + Kennedy brand planner, Russell Davies, just drew a well marked path out of mediocrity, for any soul brave enough to follow it.
1. Hire advertising people, you get advertising
2. The key to creative genius; work harder
3. You can’t divorce the medium from the message
4. Do good work, the money will follow
5. Hold everyone to the same standard
6. You can tell from the work if people enjoyed making it
7. Brands that influence culture sell more
For his detailed explanations of each point, click over to Russell’s blog.