I just spent some time catching up on Steffan Postaer’s recent posts to his blog, Gods of Advertising.
Here’s some of what I picked up:
- Creatives can be an insecure lot.
- Agencies need to reinvent themselves, sometimes every six to eight weeks.
- Steffan thinks the Caddilac spot with Kate Walsh is trying too hard.
- Steffan has a PR associate at Euro RSCG/Chicago look at his some of his posts before publishing them.
- Steffan wonders if siding with the suits at his agency is a treasonous act (for a writer).
One thing I enjoy about Gods of Advertising–even when I disagree with the POV offered–is how candid and personal Steffan gets. It’s basically the opposite of what I do here. Only on the rarest of occasions do I share information about the agency or clients I work for. Sometimes I feel like I’m proof that you can have a social media obsession and still remain a private person.