If you’ve been paying attention these past few years, you know by now that the world is most definitely your oyster. Thanks to the game changing power of the Internet, you can disrupt markets, wear a sarong to work and never answer to a clueless boss again.
Sure, it may sound too good to be true. But trust me when I say that doubt will get you nowhere. On the other hand, the more you believe in yourself, the more others will believe in you.
So without further ado, here are TEN THINGS YOU MUST DO TODAY to UNLEASH THE POWER OF YOUR NETWORK and INSURE YOUR LONG TERM PROSPERITY…
10. Put everything you think and do into a list — if it’s not on a list, it’s not worth your time.
9. Promote yourself incessantly on Facebook and Twitter — how else will people grasp the incredible value of your personal brand?
8. Blog like a baller, using lists to organize your content and social channels to drive people to your content about blogging like a baller.
7. Don’t bother creating original content for your blog or your social channels — the name of the game is aggregation, and imitation is the sincerest form of flattery.
6. Whenever you arrive in a new place, make sure to check in on Foursquare — if your followers don’t know where you are, you can’t influence their behavior.
5. Harvest every email address in your inbox and send these contacts a free email newsletter once a week that highlights the aggregated content you’ve made into lists.
4. When naysayers question you about your real world experience in social media, remind them that social is a world unto itself.
3. Soar with the eagles by attending conferences with other A-list bloggers and social media superstars — it’s not an echo chamber, it’s an awakening.
2. Appear in as many photos as possible that help showcase your commitment to social, and religiously share them on Instagram, Tumblr, Pinterest and Flickr.
1. Never use the term “social media douchebag” in public — those who need a bit of guidance (and an intro to best practices) are your best prospects and future bread and butter.
Well there you have it. Commit these simple steps to memory, or better yet print this page and tape it to your mirror. You have nothing to lose but your self respect.